Pages

Jan 12, 2012

Cheese...... Calories... C..!!!!!!


CHEESE... You don't have to be Jerry to love cheese. I can bet that 9 out of 10 people would agree that cheese adds richness and flavor to food. If you are one of the people who super clean the dish u made the lasagna or lick ur finger away when u drop a bit of cheese when cooking, keep reading :-)



Having gotten used to only seeing cheese slices or spreads (AMUL Cheese mostly) in India, I get completely lost when I stop by the Cheese aisle in the supermarkets here in the UK. Not to mention, the varieties of cheese that are available. When we go grocery shopping and I hit the cheese aisle, Ganesh tells me that he will finish up the rest of the shopping and let me decide which one I am gonna take home. He gets really pissed off when I still walk up and down after 5 minutes and have not settled on which one to buy. I generally end picking up mozzarella for pizza, garlic bread etc.. But still I love wandering around the cheese aisle :-)

Now coming to the title of the post.. I remember the first time I had lasagna. It was in Chennai. Ganesh took me to an Italian restaurant named Bella Ciao right next to the Thiruvanmiyur beach. You get authentic italian dishes there and he took me there to prove that native italian pizzas are way better than Dominos. We ordered a pizza and a lasagna. I still remember Ganesh telling me that it was too much and we might not be able to finish it up ( The reason for this statement was, he was used to seeing me having just 1 dosa or 1 chapathi for dinner). I also remember when he was dumbstruck to see me go wild with the lasagna and pizza. With every bite I was going Mmmmmmmmm CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE..... The truth was internally I was going Mmmmmm Cheeeese.... OMG Calories... Oh Crap!!!! I always wondered why does Cheese and Calories have to start with the same alphabet. I think of 'C' and start dreaming about Cheese and end counting Calories.



The reason I wanted to share this is because I am sure any cheese lover will also be worried about the calories that come with it. All I have got to say is, Relax guys!!!! U dont have to count calories everytime u wanna eat something that pleases ur palette. Or atleast I say this to myself :-) ( I guess I am gonna eat pizza tonite)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...