Pages

Feb 22, 2012

Paruppu Vadai/Masal Vadai/Channa dal Fritters!!!

Hi guys!!!

Of all the quick-fix evening time snacks I prepare paruppu vadai is my favorite. It takes very little effort to prepare and is just divine with a hot cup of tea :-) I do not have any stories for this post 'coz everytime I prepare them before I know the plates are empty. Like I said, both Ganesh and me love this tea-time snack. So, lets go directly to the recipe.

Ingredients:

Channa dal - 1 cup
Ginger - 1 inch
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Green chillies - 2
Onion - 1 medium
Salt - 1 tsp
Asafoetida - a pinch
Curry leaves - a small bunch
Corriander leaves - a small bunch
Oil - for deep frying



Procedure:

1. Soak the channa dal for an hour. After an hour, drain the dal completely and grind it along with the ginger into a course mixture.
2. Now add the chopped onion, chillies, cumin seeds, salt, asafoetida, curry and corriander leaves to the mixture and knead well. There is no need to add water.
3. Make small lemon sized balls and flatten them to discs. Make sure not to break them. Repeat this with the complete mixture.
4. Now heat the oil at medium high and once the oil is ready place the discs one by one and fry till the bottom turns golden burn and turn over and cook till it is evenly golden brown on both sides.
5. Repeat this with the entire batch. Place them on paper towels to drain excess oil.

Serve with hot tea!!!


1 comment:

  1. Perfect tea time snack. I make this often. These days, I make it in my paniyaram pan..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...