Pages

Apr 27, 2012

Bread Upma!!!!

Hi guys!!!

I have never really thought about bread upma as a proper meal till the day I actually tried it at home. Like I said this was never my most-sought option for breakfast or dinner. But then I had some bread slices that had to be used up on the same day and I was in a hurry to get myself tucked in to watch our weekend movie. So, I prepared bread upma for dinner. It indeed was a great dinner on a rainy day :-)

You can try this with any variety of bread that you have lying around at home. I have actually tried this plain white sandwich bread and the whole wheat variety. Both tasted good.. Now lets see the recipe.

Ingredients:
Serves 2 people

Bread slices(any kind) - 5 or 6
Onion - 1
Bell peppers - 1
Green chilly - 1
Assorted veggies - 1/2 cup (I used beans, carrots and peas)
Tomato ketchup - 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Corriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Chaat masala - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Salt - as per taste
Water - 1/3 cup (approx)
Oil - 2 tbsp



Procedure:

1. Cut the bread slices into 4 cubes each. I used the crust as well. You can remove them if you prefer it that way.
2. Heat oil in a wide kadai and add the onions, peppers and chillies. Toss till they turn soft. Now add all the veggies and the ketchup as well.
3. Add all the masala powders, salt and water and close the lid and let it cook for a while.
4. When the veggies are cooked add the bread cubes and toss well till the masala is absorbed by them.

Serve hot with raita or plain curd!!!


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...