Pages

May 31, 2012

Lamb Seekh Kabab!!!

Hi guys!!!

I have always been a fan of kababs. That always seemed like a perfect starter to me. For the first time I prepared kababs at home. I used minced lamb. The same recipe can be used when using minced chicken as well. My husband does not like lamb/mutton much. It is very difficult to get him to eat something that has mutton in it. On the other hand, I love mutton. Be it biryani or any other curry, I love to use mutton in it. But it has been almost a less frequented ingredient 'coz it seems like a truck-load of work to prepare a dish just for me. Anyways, now and then I try to prepare something in mutton and look like a sad puppy when we sit down to eat and succeed in getting him to eat it too :-)

The Seekh kabab is an easy to prepare starter dish. It can be a great appetizer when hosting parties or having friends over. Now lets see the recipe.

Ingredients:

Minced meat - 1/2 kg
Egg - 1
Onion - 1
Green chillies - 2
Ginger & garlic paste - 1 tsp
Gram flour (Besan) - 2 tbsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Corriander powder - 1 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Lemon juice - 2 tsp



Procedure:

1. Mix all the ingredients and cover and refrigerate for an hour. This helps in binding so that the meat does not fall off the skewer.
2. Preheat oven to 220C.
3. Soak the bamboo skewers in water for about half hour. Now divide the meat mixture into equal sized balls.
4. Roll the balls around the skewer and stretch it out.
5. Cook this in the preheated oven for around 15 minutes or till the meat is thoroughly cooked.

Serve hot with mint chutney or just ketchup!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Akka, should we grill or just bake in convection mode?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...