Pages

Jun 26, 2012

Masala Peanuts / Masala Kadalai - Microwave method!!!

Hi guys!!!

Coming up with tea-time snack ideas is a toughie.. I usually have my evening tea less than an hour before I go to the gym. Which means, I cannot have snacks that will fill me up. Most of the days, I just munch on a handful of nuts or have any fruit that is lying around. But weekends are the time when I like to make every meal special. Even the evening tea time snacks. Last weekend, I dozed off in the afternoon while watching TV and woke up when my biological alarm went off screaming for my evening tea. I had to make something quick to have along with tea so I decided to prepare masala peanuts for a snack.

Traditionally, this is prepared by deep frying the masala coated peanuts in oil. Just to avoid all that deep frying I resorted to the microwave method. This snack can be prepared in less than 10 minutes and every member of the household will love it!!

Now lets see the recipe.

Ingredients:

Raw peanuts - 1 cup
Besan / Chickpea flour - 1/2 cup
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Corriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Fennel powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - as per taste
Asafoetida / Hing - a pinch
Oil - 1 tbsp
Water - as required



Procedure:

1. Mix the flour, masala powders, salt and oil. Mix well till the flour mixture turns crumbly. Now sprinkle water little at a time till it reaches a thick sticky consistency.
2. Now toss in the peanuts and mix thoroughly till the batter coats the peanuts evenly.
3. Spread the peanuts now in a microwave safe plate and cook in high power for 5 minutes (varies depending on the make of the oven). Try to toss and flip over the peanuts once in between to ensure even cooking.
4. Store in an air-tight container. The peanuts are soft when hot but turns crisp when cooled down.

Serve with tea or a mid-day snack!!!

3 comments:

  1. loved this crunchy snack!nice variation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, I am craving to have it right now but pizza on my table is also not resistable. Going to keep this recipe with myself and try it out next time. Thank you for sharing the recipe with us

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...